Fa la la Llama

Hi there,

Thank you so much for popping by. It's been a very, very long time, a year in fact, since I last made a card! It's been even longer since I've coloured in or crafted on a regular basis- so scary how fast the time goes by.  The reason is a good one though. I had a beautiful baby girl 20 months ago and it was a big adjustment for me being a mummy, especially since my wee one didn't, and still doesn't like to sleep.  Sleep deprivation and exhaustion killed all my creative mojo and I didn't even have any energy to colour in, and I love colouring in! Fast forward nearly a year and a half - her sleeping is a lot better and life in general has settled down.....for the moment anyway, as bubba number 2 is due in 12 weeks!  I am determined to get back into my crafting as I really miss it.

I have to say though, I feel like I have completely forgotten how to colour and my creative mojo is severely lacking. Putting a card together feels like a daunting task. I think I will be keeping my cards very plain and simple until I find my feet again.

Anyway, enough rambling from me, onto my card :) What better way to get back into crafting than to make a Christmas card, definitely my favourite type of card to make. When I saw the challenge at Merry Monday was a colour challenge, I jumped for joy.  I usually spend ages agonizing over colours and combinations but with this taken out of my hands, it gave me the confidence to get a card together.  Here is the challenge:






This is what I came up with:


SUPPLIES:
JustMe Digital Stamps - Fa La La Llama
Mama Elephant Creative Cuts - Basic Set
MFT Die-namics - Stitched Mini Scallop Rectangle Stax
MFT Die-namics - Stitched Mini Scallop Rectangle Frame Stax
Memory Box Dies - Crystalline Border
MFT 6x6 Paper Pad - Itsy Bitsy Polka Dots
Bazill Vellum - White
Ranger Enamel Accents - White
Nuvo Crystal Drops - Morning Dew

This gorgeous Llama image is a digital stamp from Just Me Digital Stamps illustrated by Elena. You may recognise her work as she also illustrates for Neat and Tangled Stamps - cutest images ever!

I printed the Llama image onto xpress cardstock, coloured it with my copic markers and added an enamel accent to its hat.  I framed it using MFT scallop frame die. 
I used the largest die within the Mama Elephants basic set for my card base, and matted some bright red polka dot paper on top.  The vellum was die cut with MFT stitched scallop rectangle and I adhered some snowflakes to the vellum using die cuts from the crystalline border. This was attached to the card with a small central piece of double sided tape. The llama image was then mounted onto this using some foam tape.  The sentiment, which came with the image, was printed onto cardstock, cut out and adhered on the card. 


I would also like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Thanks for visiting, and I hope to be back soon.
Hugs Ax

Comments

  1. This is just too cute Andrea.. LOVE it!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Merry Monday!! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is just adorable!!!!! Thanks for playing with us at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a super cute card! Love the llama.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG . . . that sentiment and that image of the llama. Love this card. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant card and love the design. Thanks for joining us at Winter Wonderland and hope you will join us again. PS: My husband is from Melbourne. Carol S. DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in love with that image and the way you used it! What a happy card. Love all of the layers and the details you used. Thanks for playing along with our Anything Goes challenge at Addicted to Stamps and More! Cathy ATSM DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Andrea and welcome back to crafting! There is life after motherhood lol!
    I can see why you love this cute image and you have coloured it beautifully.
    Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Christmas Challenges and I hope you will join us again soon.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back to crafting, Andrea. Thank you so much for sharing your cute llama card with us over at ABC Christmas Challenge this month. Good luck in the prize draw and I hope you’ll join us again soon.
    Dorte x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable card Andrea. Love that llama and your colouring.
    Thank you so much for joining us at Winter Wonderland. Hope to see you again soon,
    Lou DT xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment